Ending the Month in Complete PRIDE
Dear Equality Supporter;
Happy last day of Pride Month! We believe that Pride is a time to honor those who came before us and made it possible for us to be where we are today. It is a time to celebrate each other, recognize the value of each other’s worth, and be visible for those who cannot be because of fear of losing their jobs or their families. It is a time to make a commitment to make the world a better place for those who come next.
At PROMO, we celebrate Pride all year round. We honor those before us through our SAGE Program. We are visible for those who cannot be by working to ensure LGBT people cannot be fired just because of who they are or who they love. And we commit to making the world a better place by defeating anti-LGBT bills and making schools safer.
This Pride Month, more than ever before, we saw a swell of support for PROMO from small businesses, and we could not be more grateful! Here is a sample of how you all stepped up in your own circles to support PROMO’s work. If we missed something, let us know, so we can thank you!
• 4 Hands Brewing Company jazzed up their City Wide cans to showcase a rainbow flag! $1.00 per case sold benefits PROMO, and several locations carrying it like Sasha’s on Shaw, are donating an additional $1 per can sold! Get yours before they are gone! The brewery also has koozies and shirts!
• Businesses in The Grove kicked off the new City Wide Pride cans with events, and several of the businesses are going above and beyond to support PROMO.
• Culture Flock (one of my personal favorite small businesses out of Springfield) came out this month through three adorable Pride stickers. You can get them here, here, and here. $1.00 per sticker goes to PROMO!
• CycleBar Creve Coeur raised $500 for PROMO and the Born This Way Foundation!
• Katt Kissick Art + Illustration is donating $10 from each sale of this print they created for St. Louis.
• Pi Pizzeria partnered with 4 Hands for a kick-off night supporting PROMO AND chose to support PROMO through its upcoming United in Goodness Campaign to kick off its new menu items in July!
• Pint Size Bakery made these adorable rainbow cookies to benefit PROMO last week.
We are truly overwhelmed with all of your support and for each of you who purchased these items to support PROMO and these generous businesses.
In case you missed it during all of the month’s celebration, take a moment to look back and hear from our SAGE Program Coordinator Dan Stewart about what the Pride Flag means to him, as well as who we chose to recognize as our 2017 Pride Heroes!
And as we come to a close of the final day of Pride Month, please take a moment today to remember the 49 victims of the Pulse Massacre. #HonorThemWithAction today and every single day.
Whew! Are you all tired from celebrating Pride all month? We aren’t either! Being with all of you all across the state gives us the energy and pride to keep going. We hope you will consider a gift of $20 today to help PROMO continue this work long after Pride Month is over.